Saturday, June 6, 2009
I could have written a book!
When I am faced with a problem or a question I look in a book. I google it of course but if it is an important problem, I find a book. Hudson was waking up every hour or hour and a half so I got on the library website and looked for sleep help. I found a book called the lull-a-baby method. After reading this book I realized I had already used this method only I call it talking to my friend and boring my kids to sleep method. My friend Sue moved to TN last year. We talk on the phone for at least an hour at a time. I noticed that when she would call at bed time, I would talk while I was laying in bed with Lane and he would fall asleep before I got off the phone. Then I noticed when I was rocking Hudson and talking, Hudson would fall asleep in less than 10 min. One night Hudson was not settling down. I reached for my cell phone so I could call Sue. I did not have it. Being too lazy to walk downstairs, I decided to pretend I was talking to Sue, out loud. I told her about my day and ask about her kids. I told her about something funny Lane said and something rude someone had said to me. I looked down and sure enough Hudson was asleep. Now, I open this new book and the entire lull-a-baby method is called "charming" your baby to sleep. How? by talking. That is right just talking to your baby will put them to sleep. Well, it works! but I already knew that. I could have written that book! Maybe I will take all the tips from my blogging friends and compile them into a book... what do you all think we should call it? Oh, and just as a warning if your phone rings at 7:30pm it is probably me looking for someone to help "charm" Hudson to sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's too funny! I never tried that method. I have vacuumed with the baby in the baby carrier before, and that works, too! Maybe we should collaborate on a book!
Post a Comment